The Art and Science of Chairwork
Here is a list of our next round of trainings:
- Transformational Chairwork Psychotherapy: Using the Four Dialogues in Clinical Practice*
Dates: May 20th to 22nd, 2022
Time 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM EDT (NYC time)
Recording available for 30 days.
For more information and to register, please go here.
This is a joint Brazilian-American training; it will be simultaneously translated into Portuguese.
- Transformational Chairwork – An American- and Australian-Centered Three-Day Training*
In Australia, June 3-5, 9AM-1PM AEST. For more information and to register, please go here.
In America and the Western Hemisphere, June 2-4, 7PM-9PM, EDT. For more information and to register, please go here.
[*In order to make Chairwork training available to a wide range of clinicians, we have created a reduced fee for those who are living in Band B, C, and D countries; we have also provided a limited number of Community Donation options for those who are facing financial challenges.]
Transformational Chairwork is centered on the belief that there is a healing and transformative power in: (1) Giving voice to one’s inner parts, modes, and selves; and (2) Enacting or re-enacting scenes from the Past, the Present, or the Future
The Transformational Chairwork Course is designed to introduce therapists to the practice of Chairwork, in an active, creative, and clinically-useful manner using clinical story-telling, role-plays, and live demonstrations.
In 2018, we discovered the Four Dialogue Matrix – which is a crystallization of over 50 years of Chairwork practice and exploration by a wide range of integrative psychotherapists. This is now the foundation of the course.
The 10 Chairwork training modules are focused on:
- Making Decisions – Working with Polarities (Internal Dialogues)
- Working with Grief and Loss (Relationship and Encounters)
- Voice Dialogue: Engaging with Internal Parts (Giving Voice)
- Trauma Work 1: Three-Person Storytelling (Telling the Story)
- Trauma Work 2: Confrontational Dialogues (Relationships and Encounters)
- Using Chairwork in Schema Therapy: Restructuring Schemas and Rebalancing Modes (Internal Dialogues)
- Challenging Relationships – Role-Reversal and Self-Doubling (Relationships and Encounters)
- Complex Emotions: Resolving Ambivalence and Complex Emotions/Vector Dialogues (Relationships and Encounters)
- Self-Compassion (Internal Dialogue)
- Repeating Inquiry (Giving Voice)
An introductory lecture on Chairwork can be found here.
Please Note: The Transformational Chairwork trainings are open to Mental Health, Addiction Treatment, and Harm Reduction Professionals, Students, and Trainees. All others must obtain specific permission from Dr. Kellogg (firstname.lastname@example.org) to attend. Thank you.
The Transformational Chairwork Psychotherapy Project is dedicated to bringing the power of Chairwork and the Four Dialogues to people who are members of historically oppressed and marginalized groups. A central part of this work involves our reaching out to BIPOC therapists and inviting them to train with us. To help facilitate this, we always offer a Community Donation option in the workshops that we organize so that finances are never an obstacle for those who seek to learn. A second way that we are striving to make a difference is through our on-going development of Social Justice Chairwork Psychotherapy. If you have any suggestions as to how we might advance this work, please contact Scott Kellogg, PhD (email@example.com) or Amanda Garcia Torres, LMHC (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Thank you.
Follow me on Twitter: @Chairwork ; Instagram: Transformational Chairwork
Kellogg Chairwork Psychological Services, PC